[Strawbale] building with hemp straw bales?

Chug chug at strawbale-building....uk
Tue Jun 2 15:35:34 CEST 2009

Hi Ivan and Jana,

I havenn't built using hemp bales but I have had to remove them from a
building A Pertwood Permaculture in Wiltshire as they gotten wet, it was six
sided with 3 sides each of wheat and hemp, the hemp bales didn't seem to
stand up to the wetting as well as the wheat straw and it powdered easily
when rubbed in your hand.
I understand wetting the hemp is part of the process to seperate the hemp
hurds from the fibres, on a side note I'm only a couple of miles from where
some hemp growing trials took place, the local teenagers were stealing buds
from the 10ft plants and smoking them thinking it was skunk, but all they
got was a headache!

Regards
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk