[Strawbale] Euro SB workshops for Portuguese Architect

Carol Dean cas.dean at btinternet...
Mon Jan 26 13:10:30 CET 2009

Hi,

Thank you for your swift responses it was a great help. Andre de Bouter do
you have a email IU can contact you on with refrence to this build please.

Kind regards carol

-----Original Message-----
From: strawbale-bounces at amper....muni.cz
[mailto:strawbale-bounces at amper....muni.cz] On Behalf Of
forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Sent: 26 January 2009 09:27
To: European strawbale building discussions
Subject: Re: [Strawbale] Euro SB workshops for Portuguese Architect

Hello,

Andre Leorat is totally correct. In fact there is even a 'law' that states
that it is illegal to prescribe (or forbid) building materials or building
methods.

Best regards,
André de Bouter
www.lamaisonenpaille.com
> Hi
>
> In france the structure does not care, it only care for your insurance
> and "decennial guarantee" if you use a company to build your house.
> What care for DCE is the visible parts according to your local rules
> (colour, height, surface, ....
> For example a round house is not  possible generally in a traditional
village.

> bye
> andre
>
> 2009/1/25 Carol Dean <cas.dean at btinternet...>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wondered if anyone can help me. I have a plot of land in the south
>> of France and plan to build a loadbearing house.
>>
>> I have been told by some friends that the French will not allow a
>> loadbearing house planning permission. Is this the case does anyone
know??
>> if it is is there a work round since having a wooden fram seems to me
>> to be a waste of resources.
>>
>> Thanks Carol

    European strawbale building discussion list

Send all messages to:
Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

Archives, subscription options, etc: