[Strawbale] Strawbale Digest, Vol 41, Issue 5

catarina pinto catarinarpinto at gmail...
Fri Apr 10 17:29:17 CEST 2009

Hello,
Maybe a finish material like tadelakt could help. It´s a traditional technic
from Morocco used in humid rooms like hammams in earth constructions.
Catarina

"Tadelakt is a waterproof lime plaster sealed with olive oil soap and
polished with a stone. Soft to the touch and warm to the eye, it can
seamlessly cover walls, sinks, showers, and even bathtubs. One of few
natural materials appropriate for wet areas, tadelakt is easy to clean and
highly resistant to mildew. Originally from Marrakech, tadelakt has stood
the tests of time in traditional North African hammams and royal palaces. As
it has been passed down from master to apprentice for centuries, tadelakt
has become one of the most beautiful hand crafted natural finishes on
earth."

Info text from http://www.artesanoplaster.com/tadelakt.html

--
CAT