[Strawbale] Re: closing the gap between plaster and framing (asbn)

asbn asbn at baubiologie...
Wed Mar 19 12:05:09 CET 2008

Dear Peter

Flax (as it is used by Flachshaus) is a very compressible material (much
more than strawbale:-), we usually have 1 ­ 1,5 cm space between
window-frame/wall and window and the material has to fit this common spaces.
But if you want, I can contact Waldland for details.
The similar material I used years ago, was easy to fit into the spaces, and
I had a renovation, so the space was very differently in thickness. The
advantage of such a thickness is, that it fits into spaces from 1 - 3 or 4
cm and you can use it for renovation too (where you have old walls).
Have you ever seen a flax-insulation-mat? It is 10 (or more) cm thick and
can be compressed to 2 cm with two fingers, similar to wool...

Herbert