[Strawbale] Re: insects (Psocids)

peter van balen peter at tentotwo...
Sat Jul 5 20:18:41 CEST 2008

Does anyone lnow of these little insects to be present (in small numbers?)
in dry straw bales ? We've got 2-3mm long insects coming out of the bales, I
think, (and only visible when "walking" over the woodwork), that look like
this : http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/strawbales/Psocids?authkey=m9uYiMySu7g
The bales were very dry (having been stored in a polytunnel; measured
humidity in straw 8-10%) when put in the house (as in-fill); now the
measured humidity has increased till about 15%, still fine I think. The
bales have not been plastered (yet).
Any thoughts?
Peter (van Balen)
France

===========================

Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:56:04 +0200
From: "Lieve Van Landeghem"
Subject: [Strawbale] Re: insects... (Rikki Nitzkin

Rikki, there is a thread called Psocids infestation in the August 2004
archives.
I remember I sent another email at a later date, but can't remember when
that was.
It took 3 years for the bugs to disappear completely in my house.
I remember they had a clear preference for the white ceilings and every
September their number decreased spontaneously.
Hope this info helps.
Regards, Lieve.