[Strawbale] covered in spots

Catherine Wanek blackrange at zianet...
Thu Oct 18 20:25:42 CEST 2007

Dear Leanne --

I concur with Chug's assessment that the "bugs" in your bale home are
a nuisance that should subside as your plaster (and bales) dry
out.   In our observations, a bug problem is a moisture problem --
and most new homes have a moisture load from wood and plaster that
takes some time to dry to a relatively stable humidity level.  I
suggest active ventilation (windows open as much as practical) to
assist the drying process.
good luck,
Catherine