[Strawbale] re: Embodied Energy, Carbon research of Big Bales...

Mark BP / Low Energy Design Ltd mark at lowenergydesign...
Mon Nov 5 05:12:13 CET 2007

Just had a look at the Athena site.  The free spreadsheet available
there is pretty limited in its scope - haven't looked at the larger
package for which you have to pay a few hundred dollars.  Also seems to
be applicable to the north American market only.  My other worry arises
from the list of sponsors.... - and from the fact that at least one of
their packages was developed specifically for Green Globes, an
assessment programme sponsored by north American big forestry and cement
companies who didn't like the requirements of tougher programmes like LEED.
But, that said, I can't find anything else that's out there in
user-friendly form.
Mark