[Strawbale] straw itch mite

André de Bouter forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Wed Feb 14 19:19:01 CET 2007

Dear Amit,

They probably are what we call plaster beatles. They live on the fungus
that is created behind the plaster. When the plaster dries they stop as
there is no more moisture for the fungus. If they keep on coming out of
your wall for more than 2 months you probably have a moisture problem in
your wall (and should say 'thank you' to the beatles for letting you
know). For now the thing to do is to vacume often. They are not harmful.
Look where they come out and fill up those holes (once all is over)
because these spots are air leaks (and say 'thank you' again). Also
check if there is a certain wall/area is affected as it might be a
moisture problem.

Best regards,

André de Bouter
La Maison en Paille