[Strawbale] The Last Straw

André de Bouter forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Wed Apr 18 08:59:36 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

Joyce Coppinger of The Last Straw asked me to sent this message to this
list as her attempt bounced.

Bye,
André

*TLS/ /Announces New Services *

*and Rate Schedule Changes for 2007*

The rate for a 4-issue subscription to /The Last Straw/ journal for
those residing in the U.S. has remained at $28.00 since 1993. The
subscription rate covers the costs of production, printing and bulk rate
postage but does not cover expenses required to operate /TLS, /we depend
on sponsorships for that. To help maintain the quality of content,
production and distribution,* the U.S. subscription rate were increased
as of January 2007* *to $32.00 for a 4-issue subscription* – a nominal
increase of $1.00 per issue. The _4-issue subscription rate for Canada
will also be $32.00 USD_ (subscriptions for all of North America will
now be the same). The _4-issue_ _subscription rate for other countries
remains $36.00 USD_.

To increase access to /The Last Straw/ journal for our subscribers
around the world, including the U.S., we will offer an *online 4-issue
subscription in January 2007* through the TLS web site
_www.thelaststraw.org_. The online issues will be uploaded to the web
site in pdf format with _color photographs for the cover and inside
pages, when available_. The *4-issue online subscription rate will be
$24 USD*. The online subscription can be read on the computer and issues
will be printable using an assigned password. Printing should be limited
to one copy per issue per subscriber to honor the /TLS/ copyright.
Please understand that the printing of color photographs may not be of
high quality if you do not have a color printer. *The printable online
version will not be in bound copy format*. The printed pages from these
issues can be added easily to three-ring notebooks for storage and
future reference. We may offer the notebooks for sale on our web site at
some future date.

We are not able to transfer print copy subscriptions to online
subscriptions. If you want, you can switch from print copy to online
copy when your current subscription expires. _Remember_ that the online
copy is not bound, but will contain color photographs, when available.

*We will continue to publish a print copy for every future issue!* The
print copy of /TLS/ will continue to be produced in black and white text
and photos, with an occasional glossy cover and/or color cover
photograph to increase our distributorships and market the journal
through newsstands and other outlets. We plan to change the cover and
layout design in 2008.

*Back issues of /TLS/#41 through the most recent issue can be purchased
online, in a printable pdf format (limit one print copy with password)
with color photos, when available*. Remember that the online issues can
be read on the computer or printed in unbound format. The printed pages
from these issues can be added easily to three-ring notebooks for
storage and future reference. Again, we may offer the notebooks for sale
on our web site at some future date. _Back issues of /TLS/ #1 through
#40 are also available for purchase in print copy and on the /TLS/
CD-Rom The First Ten Years_. Check the web site _www.thelaststraw.org_
for order form or call the /TLS/ office 402.483.5135 or email
<thelaststraw at thelaststraw...>

Additional copies of /TLS/ issues #41 through current issue can be
ordered by distributors at the bulk rate of 50% discount or $4.00 per
issue plus shipping and handling costs. Bulk orders are invoiced and
payment is due upon receipt. Contact the /TLS/ Office for details:
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161 <_thelaststraw at thelaststraw..._>

_Please remember that TLS is copyrighted._ We hope that you will honor
these provisions and the work of /TLS/ and the authors and photographers
who contribute content by not reproducing, reprinting or distributing
any part or content of /TLS/ without written permission. /TLS/ contacts
contributors for their approval before giving its permission for
reprinting, reproduction or use of any content.

If you have questions or need additional information, please do not
hesitate to contact the /TLS/ office.