[Strawbale] Concrete Base - foundations question??

Brand J.H.J. J.H.J.Brand at phys....nl
Tue Apr 3 16:43:31 CEST 2007

Hi Kurt,

yes indeed the short waves of cellphones and similar stuff does need a much
finer mesh. in fact you can see the mesh in the door of a microwave to get a
good indication of the size needed for such frequencies. i think cellphones
operate on quite similar wavelenths as microwaves. i guess the normal rebar
mesh does give a nice shielding for the 50hz noise.
About the magnetism yes the sources you mention are right. I'm curious 2
hear more of what the effects of it would be. Roughly my gutfeeling tells me
that its an order less of a problem then all the EM waves we're dealing with
on a daily basis. But of course its never wrong to minimise the amount of
steel. if for the energy that was needed for the production.

Bye

Joost

  _____