[Strawbale] Re: International Strawbale Homeowner Monitoring and Data-gathering Project (was Re: Moisture sensor redux

Mark Bigland-Pritchard mark at lowenergydesign...
Sat Oct 21 22:31:13 CEST 2006

Sounds like an approach that's worth trying, Rob.  I've signed myself on
to the list, giving a grand total so far of two members.

Let's just be clear that Rob and I are agreed about the purpose of this
new SB_Nerds-R-Us group, then:

- It isn't supposed to be in competition with any of the existing sb
lists, but to provide a place where monitoring methodologies and results
can be deposited and discussed.  All the main points from that
discussion should be summarised and posted on the other lists.
- It isn't limited to any one type of climate, but I hope the discussion
will recognise that what is appropriate for one climate is not
necessarily appropriate for another, so hopefully in time we will come
up with relevant monitoring strategies for different climate zones.
- Any level of monitoring, using any type of monitoring equipment, is a
fit subject for discussion.
- Subject matter isn't necessarily limited to moisture, but that's where
we start.
- It is international, and the insights from all national/continental
building traditions are to be welcomed, as is constructive criticism.

Is that OK, Rob?

I will let people know when it's ready to start properly.  Meanwhile,
those people who have already approached me privately about moisture
monitoring, please be patient for a few days while I assemble all the
"one of the first things" items that Rob identifies below (plus a few more).

atb
Mark