[Strawbale] Which of the Houses is made of Straw?

André de Bouter forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Wed Mar 15 12:55:41 CET 2006

Dear Rikki,

Many of the pictures were taken during the European Trip Catherine Wanek (and
her lovely mum Betty) made with Coralie and I in the spring of 2000.

I'll see if I can get them to you before we leave this saturday.

What is your postal address?

> >Picture 1:?
Hoenderloo, The Netherlands (don't have it). I think it was buildt by Ram
Strobouw http://www.ramstrobouw.nl/.
> >Picture 4: Pascal Thepaut, in France, as
> >mentioned- owner/builder Else Le Guern (sp?)
OK (Elsa Le Guern)
> >Picture 6: small building in UK, built in
> >workshop by Barbara Jones, Simon Pratt -- this
> >is a SB demo at the Centre for Alternative Technology, Wales
OK
> >Picture 11: France, SB-House in Bretagne, built
> >by: private (please note that this image is inverted)
OK
> >Picture 13: France, SB-House in Chatellerault, Arch.: Jean Marie Haquette
OK
> >Picture 14: UK, Arch./built by: Amazon Nails
OK (I think)
> >Picture 15: India, SB-Shed in Auroville, Built by: Coralie et André de
> >Bouter (workshop)
OK
> >Picture 16: ? (Maybe a new view from Real Goods Center, USA)
Nope not in the US. The Rabobank Conference Hall buildt for The Floriade (an
agricultural Trade Fair) by Erik Vermue and Tom Rijven.
OK
> >Picture 17: Denmark, Eco-School (Økologigske Landbrugsskole) in Åbybro,
> >Arch.: Rolf Jacobson, built by: Steen Møller (and Lars Keller)
OK
> >Picture 18: ? (seems for me to be in Australia)
Nope, this is part of our house, in la douce France.
OK

Bye,

André de Bouter
www.lamaisonenpaille.com