[Strawbale] "Re: Contents of Strawbale digest..." rammed-earth SB house which is being finished this summer in Spain

Patrick O'Neill patrick at frdata....uk
Fri Jun 2 14:19:44 CEST 2006

I was very interested in the rammed-earth SB house which is being finished
this summer in Spain. I am looking at a similar project in Guadalajara for
2007.

I would like to see your photos.  I considered a rammed earth wall on the
south but I was worried about differential settlement with the other SB
walls.

At the moment our plan is 3 SB walls and a glass wall on the south side.  We
will use shading and insulated/reflective shutters to manage the solar gain
entering the building from the south and thick earth floors, earth internal
walls and earth staircases for thermal mass.

Question

We plan to support the beam over the window on threaded bar and adjust it as
the straw settles dose any one have experience of this???

Patrick