[Strawbale] Fern Bales

Patrick O'Neill patrick at frdata....uk
Sat Jul 29 19:14:52 CEST 2006

I met some one who thatches roofs with ferns.  He said that you can only
handle them for a brief season of a few weeks while still green and when
they dry out the easily crumble to dust.  Fern roofs cannot be repaired
because they are so fragile.  But that’s not to say that it’s not worth a
try.

patrick

  _____