[Strawbale] convection and humidity in straw bale walls

Michael lough michaelklough at sympatico...
Fri Jan 6 21:06:50 CET 2006

Hello there from cool but getting warmer Canada…

A little while ago I read some information on the subject of convection
within straw bale walls and would like to know if this is a resolved issue
in Northern Europe ?

Hasit been established with support from testing or evidence of problems
that this phenomena exists in the straw bale world ? I am not a scientist so
I cannot  reach a conclusion from scientific data myself but I could
understand simple terms…8)

I hope this will be possible as there is much debate here on the subject and
there has been no testing here as far as I know. The idea that bale walls
arein fact likely to rot without there being barriers in between each course
is worrying some people!

Thank you all for your consideration

Michael Lough