[Strawbale] Loadbearing wall

Chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Sat Apr 22 16:16:21 CEST 2006

Hi Herbert

I don't think there is a standard rate of compression it is mostly to do with how tightly or how loose the straw is baled and how
carefully the walls are built, with nice tight bales and careful wall raising (flattening the bulges in the ends of bales so they
stack together closely) there will be much less compression than with loose bales and uncaring wall raising.
I do not have any figures for compression loading but with a well built wall using tight bales then 50mm of settling is about
average.

bale on
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk