[Strawbale]Re: green roof on a straw bale loading wall

ben albu ben at albu...
Sat May 28 01:25:07 CEST 2005

Dear Valentina,

Last year I was volunteering at a strawbale-project (architect: Herwig Van
Soom, Belgium).
The house has two sections.
One post and beam with strawbale infill (partially)
The other one loadbearing, and with a green roof ....
The owner of the house has made a nice website about the different
construction processes.
Check it out on http://www.da-fi.com/broeckhuis/

Ben Albu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Meijer" <smeijer at mail....com.au>
To: <strawbale at amper....muni.cz>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 9:34 AM
Subject: [Strawbale]Re: green roof on a straw bale loading wall

dear valentina,
I have done some researchwork for a design competition and i have
encountered the same problem. At the time I think the only feasable option
to apply a green roof is to build a post and beam frame with strawbale
infill.
Archibio http://www.archibio.qc.ca/pages/roof.html from canada has done some
experimenting with a so called 'living roof'. You can order their brochure
which i haven't done, and maybe their ideas can help you.

kind regards,
Stephan Meijer eM-Design

valentina writes:

> Hi all!
> i guess that there are some "nebraska" houses with green roof....built....
> i'm planning one....i have to pass all law certification process...i found
> and look at some test of loads that straw bale can carry....and it's seems
> that is not a good idea to have a green roof....
> anybody had already experience with it?
> thank you to all....a great list..
> all the best, valentina
>
> El 26/05/2005, a las 18:27, Duncan Lithgow escribió:
>>
>>> It's certainly difficult to find. I got there via 'Construction
>>> Materials' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw-bale_construction
>> Bloody right it's hard to find - i didn't find it at all! I've now linked
>> [[Strawbale]] to [[Straw bale]] so anyone who spells it like i do
>> 'strawbale' will find it. Duncan

    European strawbale building discussion list

Send all messages to:
Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

Archives, subscription options, etc: