[Strawbale]Re: bales on the side

forum at lamaisonenpaille... forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Wed Mar 16 12:12:52 CET 2005

I totally agree with Catherine,

I have used SB on edge and will use it again.

- Plaster sticks well to SB on edge.
- the wall compresses less and dispite having a slimmer wall, it is more stable.

When cladding is used on the extérior, a vented airspace is needed between the
cladding and the insulation (be it straw or not). Put a fire beneath this
vented airspace and we can call it a chimney!
So do plaster (even behind cladding) for all the reasons catherine mentionned.

Greetings,

André

La Maison en Paille
www.lamaisonenpaille.com