[Strawbale]WG: Summer workshops with Elke

Carina Simons carina.simons at gmx...
Tue Apr 19 09:06:22 CEST 2005

I can recommend these workshops with Elke. She is a great woman. So whoever
has the time shoulds spend some time there.

Carina Simons
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Elke Cole [mailto:naturalbuilding at ourecovillage...]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. April 2005 04:57
An: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Betreff: Summer workshops with Elke

Greetings!
The building season is starting in BC and for those of you looking for
workshops here's my short list.
Registration is through hosts- so please look closely.
I'll be spending the summer primarily at O.U.R.ECOVILLAGE with our Natural
Building Skillbuilder.
There are still two spots available for that too.
You can have a look at www.ourecovillage.org
and of course at www.cobworks.com
Please forward this to any friends or list you feel suitable. Also note my
e-mail address and check your address book.
And apologies if you get this more than once- it means your on more than one
list in my addressbook:)
Cheers
Elke

Building with Earth - Cob building and Earthen Plaster

May 12/13/14&15

Workshop at Serendipity Farm, Quilcene,WA

Facilitator: Elke Cole

At Serendipity Farm recreation, conservation and sustainable agriculture are
incorporated into the programs. The cob workshop is continuing work on a
kitchen building. We will cover (in theory and/or practice) cob
construction, flooring, electrical and plumbing, earthen plasters and
finishing techniques.

The farm is situated just north of the small town of Quilcene on the Olympic
Peninsula.
Lunches and snacks are provided; bring your own breakfast foods. Dinners may
be shared, a camp kitchen is provided. Saturday night we plan a potluck and
celebration.

Cost: $375 US incl. Camping, tuition and lunches

To register please send your registration fee with the following information
- Name of the workshop
- Your name
- Your contact information: phone, e-mail

to:
Serendipity Farm
Attention: Farm Events
Chris Llewllyn
PO Box 97
Quilcene, WA 98376

Creating Nettle Cottage
7-Day Cob Plus Workshop
July 3-10, 2005
Xenia Creative Development Centre, Bowen Island, BC
With Elke Cole from Cobworks
In this workshop we will build a small guest space, by using natural
building techniques including cob and light clay work.

Expect full days of hands-on fun, with plenty of information mixed in. We
explore economy of space, sculptural possibilities of cob, and creative ways
of integrating recycled objects, glass and wood. The cabin will be app. 100
round feet- a size that can fit in any back yard and does not require
permits.
Enjoy Xenia’s peaceful beauty, vegetarian food, and comfortable cabins and
have a one of a kind retreat. For a smaller budget you can choose to camp on
site.

Elke Cole is an experienced workshop leader, designer and builder. She runs
natural building programs at O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE, through Cobworks and as
guest facilitator internationally.

Cost for the workshop includes tuition, meals and staying at Xenia.
$850 / person cabin accommodation, $750/person tenting

For information about the workshop content write to elke at cobworks...
To register please contact xeniatlc at direct...
Visit www.xeniacentre.com to find out more about the location.

Learn to build a traditional bread oven

Workshop in Courtenay, Vancouver Island, BC,

July 25/26/27 &28

With Eckhard Beuchel and Elke Cole

This workshop will teach layout and hands-on

construction, including brick work with unfired clay bricks and dome
building. Eckhard Beuchel is an earth builder in Germany. His projects
include restoration of historical buildings, new construction, masonry
heaters and bread ovens, as well as developing a training program for the
trade.

 Cost incl. Tuition, camping & lunches: $ 400 Can.

Space is limited, some experience helpful.

To register send your fee as cheque or international money order (if from
US) with your name, address, e-mail, and the workshop name

Elke Cole

Box 530

Shawnigan Lake, BC

V0R2W0

More info: elke at cobworks...

Mud and Art

Sept. 16/17/18

O.U.R.ECOVILLAGE

with Elke Cole and guests

playful work on walls, windows etc.

Costs and details TBA

contact: naturalbuilding at ourecovillage...