[Strawbale]lime and earth plaster and heating systems in bale walls

Catherine Wanek blackrange at zianet...
Wed Oct 13 18:52:21 CEST 2004

Hello Jeroen --

Rene D. has given you excellent suggestions ..... I have two things to add:

If the white powdery film is not fungus, but efflorescence (as was earlier
suggested) then white vinegar will also clean that up easily.

In addition to heat, I suggest using fans to help dry out the interior of
the wall.  Ventilation is key to a drying strategy -- heat alone, in the
presence of moisture and food, will encourage fungal growth.

regards,
Catherine Wanek