[Strawbale]Re: Strawbale digest, Vol 1 #354 - 2 msgs

mklough at pobox... mklough at pobox...
Tue May 4 08:05:44 CEST 2004

>Message: 2
>Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 09:01:33 -0500
>Subject: Re: [Strawbale]Global Straw Bale Networks
>From: Joyce Coppinger <jc10508 at alltel...>
>To: <strawbale at amper....muni.cz>
>
>Michael,
>
>The GSBN is a small email list composed of representatives of regional
>organizations and other non-affiliated key individuals involved in the
>general advancement of straw-bale and other straw-use building materials
>and techniques. The intentionally small number of members range from highly
>experienced professionals to well informed lay people.
>
>The costs of operating the list have lately been underwritten by The Last
>Straw Journal in exchange for use of the GSBN as an advisory board and
>technical editing arm.
>
>Joyce

Thankyou JoyceŠ

You have me intrigued me now of course, and I wonder as you have been
so explicit in your summary above whether I could enquire as to the
purpose of the GSBN list? Is it perhaps a "traditional"
media/government pressure/action group ? I wonder how an
intentionally small number of members is beneficial in this regard?

The obvious benefit to TLS would be editorial resource development
but what are the "benefits" to participants, access to knowledge
denied to those on the REPP or SB-R-US lists?

Or have I asked too many questions for my own good already?

Michael