[Strawbale]Re: strawhouse soundproofing rating?

Chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Sun May 2 15:17:09 CEST 2004

Hi Trevor,

I know of these tests for soundproofing

http://www.users.bigpond.com/brookman/strawbaleBuildingProject.htm#Sound%20
insulation

http://www.acoustics.org/press/130th/lay03.html

regards
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk
www.strawbale-building.co.uk/
.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joyce Coppinger" <jc10508 at alltel...>
To: "Vormittag Trevor" <sacredvisions2000 at yahoo...>
Cc: "ESBN" <Strawbale at amper....muni.cz>; "GSBN"
<GSBN at lists....com>
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2004 12:11 AM
Subject: [Strawbale]Re: strawhouse soundproofing rating?

Testing has been done and we're forwarding your inquiry to the European and
Global strawbale networks for reply.

Please cc TLS on your replies. Thanks,

Joyce

on 5.1.2004 4:58 PM, Vormittag Trevor at sacredvisions2000 at yahoo... wrote:

hi...

have there been tests to rate a strawbale house ( with stucco) with regards
to it's soundproofing? I can get STC ratings for brick homes, but not
straw.
I would appreciate knowing if it is on par with Brick homes.

The soundproofing is directly related to mass. What are the average weights
and dimensions  for bales with stucco. I can figure out a per sqr/ft weight
and compare .

Thanks
Trev