[Strawbale]ETA forum at ISBBC

Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer at hetnet...
Tue Jun 22 22:07:44 CEST 2004

c'Lanne,

What is your specific interest in this forum discussion. I took part in it.
The following decision have been made.

I will manage a list of country representatives via GSBN.
An initial list of all tests will be sent around for adding too by Mark
Bigland Pritchard
We will pool all currently available test results either directly or via
links from Bruce Kings website.
We will strive to create a performance based SB building best practice guide.

Besides this we had an extensive discussion of the current status and
obstacles to full acceptance of SB building in Germany specifically with
reference to the microbial/fungal growth test and combustability of straw.
The general opinion based on this discussion is to strive for the
acceptance EN tests in preference to local country tests making the tests
much more widely applicable. Local tests are often misused to protect the
vested interests of building material manufacturers.

At 07:36 AM 6/4/04, you wrote:
>dear isbcc-goers!
>I'd be very much interested in being kept up to
>date on the discussions of the ETA-group [if it
>forms] as wont be attending the conference
>myself.
>would it be possible to take notes, compile and
>post on this list?
>
>c'Lanne moroney, amsterdam

Rene Dalmeijer