AW: [Strawbale]Topic for ISBBC

Dipl.-Ing. Architekt Dirk Scharmer info at wand4...
Wed Jun 2 17:59:15 CEST 2004

Hello Valentina!
Two of my collegues visit Jerez from june the 20th to july the 20th to
build loadbaring sb-house. Perhaps you would like to visit them for
further exchange about the ETA. But sure in addition of that we should
stay in contact by email.

Greetings
Dirk

_______________________________
Architekturbüro WAND4
Dipl.- Ing. Architekt
Dirk Scharmer
Auf der Rübekuhle 10
D-21335 Lüneburg
Tel. 04131- 727804
Fax. 04131- 727805

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz
[mailto:strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz] Im Auftrag von valentina
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2004 17:48
An: strawbale at amper....muni.cz
Betreff: Re: [Strawbale]Topic for ISBBC

Dear Dirk,
here Valentina from arquitectos ara B sccl
i'm not going to the ISBCC.....but i'm strongly interested in this
theme!!!
we are now starting a building in Teruel (spain), we have collaborated
with Iñaki Urkia three yaers ago for the strawbal house in Alicante,
other strawbale projects coming....and is quiet horrible to work "out"
of "regulations".......

two years ago we pubblised a book about ecological materials and
construction and in that occasion we studied the arizona and new
mexico, straw bale codes.......

so i will be really happy to participate in this team......
so i hope we can talk about it even if it's impossible to get to the
ISBBC....:-)

Best wishes, valentina maini
www.ara-b.org

On 02/06/2004, at 16:47, Dipl.-Ing. Architekt Dirk Scharmer wrote:

> Dear ISBBC-participants,
> I would like to suggest to talk about the european technical approval
> (ETA) of strawbales as a building material. There're some interesting
> news in this area. Some from germany and some really important from
> austria (I hope there'll be someone from there, who`s able to present
> them). And I hope there will be some news from other european
> country's to this subject!
>
> For us from the german strawbale association FSB it's the most
> important
> question yet, how much attention, money and time we spent to get the
> ETA.
>
> Is there anybody out there, who is interested in this topic too?
>
> My personal aim is to get the ETA as quick, simple and cheap as
> possible
> because in germany we needs it to build more sb-houses without staying
> with one leg in prison ;-)
>
> In 2003 the FSB applied for a the german general building approval for

> strawbales, we made a couple of tests all with success, accept the
> molder test.
>
> I guess the passing of this test will be the main gate, for strawbales

> to get the approval. For this topic there is very interesting study
> which is made in austria from Thomas Zelger. I hope there will an
> austrian, who`s able to give us abrif overview about this work.
>
> Lets build an international team on isbbc to face this challenge!
>

> Dirk Scharmer
> _______________________________
> Fachverband Strohballenbau Deutschland e.V
> Dipl.- Ing. Architekt
> Dirk Scharmer
> Auf der Rübekuhle 10
> D-21335 Lüneburg
> Tel. 0049-4131- 727804
> Fax. 0049-4131- 727805

    European strawbale building discussion list

Send all messages to:
Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

Archives, subscription options, etc: