[Strawbale]Psocids infestation

Catherine Wanek blackrange at zianet...
Tue Aug 17 19:57:43 CEST 2004

Hi Leive --

To concur with Chug and Kes --  these tiny non-biting straw beetles are
probably a result of the moisture introduced in the walls from plastering,
made a bit worse by the humidity of moist summer rains.  They will probably
go away without the use of insecticides, once things dry out.

To aid this, besides opening the windows, I would also recommend getting
fans going in each room, to enhance the drying process.  A hand vacuum can
help to just get them out of your sight until their moist habitat disappears.

BTW, I was on that strawbale tour in June, and we all loved your lovely
house.  I'm sure that you're happy to have moved in, despite the univited
guests......;-)
Blessings,
Catherine Wanek