[Strawbale]Re: Straw roof/wall detail

Stephan Meijer smeijer at mail....com.au
Mon Aug 9 09:17:35 CEST 2004

Hi all,
Does anyone out there have experience with a lightweight living sod roof?
I want to use straw for organic matter.
I'm planning a steep roof of about 30 degrees pitch.
The loadbearing structure will be made of timber post and beam with timber
decking.
Does anyone have more information on this one?

The walls of my building will be made of posts with strawbale infill.
I'm planning to position the posts in the wall so I get a continious wall
without having to worry about rotting timber and maintainance of the posts.
Does anyone have any details of this wall section?

Regards,
Stephan