[Strawbale]Ideas

Alex alex.richards at orange...
Sun Apr 11 12:26:51 CEST 2004

HI

I've not posted to the list in ages, but I thought I'd share a possible
foundation idea with everyone to see what you experts think.

For any Brits on the list it was something featured on last night's Grand
Designs. They used micro-piles to support the whole house. these are
basically small rods drilled into the ground and then pressure injected with
concrete. OK I know concrete is not the most green, but the amounts used
aren't large. I thought this could be good for lifting our structures off
the ground.

More details at http://www.ischebeck.de/englisch/set_1_i.htm it's also in
about six different other languages.

On a different note, I'm now tinkering with DesignWorshopLite and have come
up with this idea
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aleric31/album?.dir=/4487&.src=ph&store=&pr
odid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/aleric31 for my dream house. It'll
be post and beam with strawbale in fill, oh and a lot of glass too. I did
wonder about semi self supporting à la Amazon Nails, but I figured with that
much unsupported roof span the outward stresses on the walls would be too
much. Anyone got an ideas?

Alex the Brit.