[Strawbale] Fw: Breathability enquiry

chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Mon Sep 15 11:31:08 CEST 2003

Hi all,
Can anyone help with this?

----- Original Message -----
From: Tjibbe Rijpma
To: info at strawbalebuildingassociation....uk
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 8:12 PM
Subject: Breathability of Straw Bale Buildings

Hello,

 Do you have some information over the amount of breathing of SB buildings?. There a lots of test report on the internet
over SB building, but i couldn't find any over breathing capability of Straw Bale + stucco.

Greetings,

Tjibbe Rijpma
Student TU Delft
Faculty Architecture

Hi Tjibbe,
I am not quite sure what you mean by amount of breathing, I guess you mean the fact that strawbale walls with earth/lime
render allow a certain amount of vapour permeability, if this is so I'm unaware of any information about this, but will
make some enquiries for you.
regards
Chug
For the SBBA(wise)