[Strawbale] offensive messages

simon b pieman66 at yahoo...
Wed Oct 22 14:50:27 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

As many of you have seen, we received an extremely offensive (and almost
certainly illegal) message on the strawbale list the other day.

I want to apologise to everyone who saw this message as it was very
unpleasant.

I would like to let you know that we are doing everything we can in the
'battle against spam', whether it is to stop this kind of thing, or
simply to prevent nuisance advertising overwhelming the list.

The computer server that hosts the strawbale discussion list has a 'spam
filter' that uses keywords and rules to stop these messages, but
unfortunately it is impossible to stop everything getting through. This
message was the first and I hope last of its kind to get through. We have
now improved the filters and blocked the address that sent the message.

Again, I am very sorry for the distress, but please accept we are doing
everything we can.

Kind Regards,
Simon