[Strawbale] Re: Strawbale digest, Vol 1 #303 - 3 msgs

professor pixel professorpixel at lycos...
Tue Oct 21 15:45:34 CEST 2003

Hi All,
I haven't seen info on this before buy I maybe wrong =)

I was thinking about the wooden structure in a strawbale building. I was wondering if it would be possible to use logs, as in log cabin style logs (Not sure if that makes sense!)

I was thinking that they could be used for a base frame/foundation for the walls to sit on and also for a roof frame.....

The question is! Would the shrinkage/expansion of the timber with the seasons cause the rendering (Lime) to crack?

Thought I would see if anyone had any ideas/experience on that....Thanks in advance!
mmmmm?
Pete