[Strawbale] Re: SB Straw Bale in Iraq

huffnpuff huffnpuff at shoal....au
Fri Nov 14 07:08:35 CET 2003

G 'day Balers

Currently in Adelaide building with Paul Downton number 4 SB town house 500 yards from the GPO. So I am away from Ganmain and finding it hard to keep up with all the emails.

Can any of you help Geoff Lawton with this request?

Regards The Straw Wolf

Reply to Geoff at:  permacul at permaculture....au

Hi John
            I am chasing after some statistics to re-inforce the
credibility of straw bale as a building technique.  The UN maybe
interested in some big projects in Iraq 650 to 950 houses in each
village, so we are talking about jumping up a scale.  I definitely will
not be able to handle all of this, so if it happens I will be handing
most of it off to people with experience and stay involved from a
permaculture village design aspect.
Unfortunately you always have some critics to get passed (some may have
investments in cement block companys).

We have to write this in our own words but we can reference websites
but if you know or know where I might to be able to access statistics
of the numbers of SB houses have been built and where, where they are
approved, anything that gives the system credibility, or just point us
in a possible direction, it would be a great help.

Cheers Geoff and Nadia