[Strawbale] SB on CNN at 22.00 CET

Rene Dalmeijer rened at cistron...
Tue May 6 00:24:46 CEST 2003

Below is a reply I got from David Lindsay at CNN after a previous
discussion with him regarding details of the Mama Amelia project.

Thank you for the information below. It sounds like a wonderful project.
Unfortunately we won't be able to include it in our report because we shot
all our material in South Africa a couple of weeks ago. We go into edit on
Thursday. I'll keep the information though just in case we get a chance to
revisit this topic in the future. In all honesty though, it's extremely
unlikely that we would cover the same topic in the same country twice.
If you want to see the program, Global Challenges airs every Sunday on CNN.
The edition that will feature our straw bale story will debut on March 16th
and then repeat every Sunday for three more weeks. It airs at 10pm Europe
CET. If war breaks out in Iraq then obviously the program air times will be
affected.
Take care and good luck with your project.
All the best,
David Lindsay
Senior Producer
Global Challenges
CNN International

I am very pleased that CNN is prepared to spend time on such issues and
projects and am anxious what we get to see.

Rene Dalmeijer

Rene Dalmeijer