[Strawbale] fire

chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Mon Mar 31 21:13:18 CEST 2003

Hi Rikki
there is some info on Australian fire testing, where they tested earthen, lime/sand and lime/sand/cement (three of each).
you can find this at http://www.earthgarden.com.au/strawbale/fire_test.html

Also, Mark Piepkorn wrote:-

         DCAT (Development Center for Appropriate Technology) theoretically
has a terrifically encouraging downloadable pdf copy of an ASTM E84-98
Surface Burning Characteristics report for strawbale. The link for it,
however, isn't working. If you email them and ask Tony to email you a copy
or have the link fixed, he'll probably respond if he's not totally
overwhelmed with other things (like trying to scare up funding). Tony's
generally nice like that.

DCAT home page:
http://www.dcat.net/

Page containing dead link:
http://www.dcat.net/resources/index.php

DCAT's nonspecific-recipient email:
info at dcat...

I hope this helps
Regards
Chug
www.strawbale-building.co.uk/

P.S   I just tried the link and it worked ok for me