[Strawbale] request for your special skills

Barbara Jones strawbale at lineone...
Tue Jan 28 14:19:59 CET 2003

Hi Herbert
This is a good idea of yours. Perhaps we should update a list each year just
to keep track of what everyone is doing and any changes that take place. So
here goes for me:

a) Gives advice and help with all aspects of strawbale building from
foundation to roof and plastering.
b) Gives advice on other sustainable techniques such as Car tyre
foundations, rammed earth, cob, wattle and daub, traditional lime
plastering, thatching etc.
c) Advice for self-builders, community projects, private clients, Local
Authorities, architects etc.
d) Design and drawings for strawbale buildings, or will work with your
draughtsperson or architect.
e) Teaching workshops for novices and for construction companies and
interest groups, volunteer programme for interested people.
f) Can arrange special training on site if required.
g) Close support of construction firm/self-builder whilst building a
strawbale building.
h) We will not do the construction for you, but will enable you and your
team/contractors to do it yourselves.
i) Thorough knowledge of all aspects of constuction, can help with planning
permission and building regulation approval. We work well with groups and
offer team-building courses. Women-led groups and training.

Best wishes
Barbara

Amazon Nails: Strawbale building, training, consultancy, empowerment.
                   www.strawbalefutures.org.uk
Building With Straw Bales by Barbara Jones £9.50 post-free from Amazon Nails
or from Green Books
    Warning! Strawbale building can seriously transform your life!