[Strawbale] tadelakt

André de Bouter m.ep at laposte...
Sun Feb 16 18:04:47 CET 2003

Hi Rikki,

Taddelakt is made with hydraulic lime ('Chaux Hydraulique' in French)
The plaster is crushed with a stone during its curing (the time consuming and tricky part)
Traditional 'Savon Noir' ('Black Soap' ?) is used for waterproofing.

Yes it gives gorgeous results, but is is not as simple as mud plaster. Marocco (Marakech) is the place to visit if you want to learn more.

Try working a bowl (small object) and see if it works for you. And let me know when you find english data.

Bye,
André

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rikki nitzkin
  To: strawbale at amper....muni.cz
  Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 11:51 AM
  Subject: [Strawbale] tadelakt

  HI!

  I have done a search on Tadelakt and have only found websights in French and amazing fotos, but I haven´t been  able to find any info. on how to make it/use it.  Can anyone direct me to a webpage that expains it better.  Is it a lime-based plaster (meaning that I can produce it with normal lime) or is it a special product that includes lime in its composition?  After seeing some fotos I can tell it can be amazingly beautiful!

  MAY THE wings OF LIBERTY NEVER LOSE A SINGLE FEATHER!

  love , RIKKI