[Strawbale] Round Homes

M. Fletcher starboard62 at telus...
Mon Apr 14 21:42:17 CEST 2003

Hi Maren,
Thank you for the information. I think I will order a copy of Tony's book - if nothing else, he's a fascinating person and deserves all the support we can give him.

I plan to build this little house Nebraska style. Can you tell me a little about your round chicken house? Are you in Britain? What will you do about weather proofing or is this a temporary building? Foundations? Roof? I'm afraid the questions never stop....

Best,
Mary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maren Termens Steiner
  To: strawbale at amper....muni.cz
  Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [Strawbale] Round Homes

  Hi Mary,

   we're building a 20sqm big round-house (for our lucky chickens), but I don't know if you would like to build it with the post and beams structure or in Nebraska-style. In GB you can buy a very nice book called " The low impact round house" by Tony Wrench. It's about 9-10pounds. You can fill then with straw-bales instead of other materials he uses for his round house.I hope this helped you. Maren