[Strawbale] spamfilter installed

Jan Hollan jhollan at amper....muni.cz
Thu Oct 10 19:38:33 CEST 2002

I apologise for the four days when the server has been broken.
It's OK now, thanks to Filip Hroch (D. Hanzl and V. Votruba
helped a lot as well when Filip was in abroad till yesterday).
Now it's more reliable, having ext3 filesystems and a new kernel.

I've installed a spamassassin filtering for the mailinglists;
postings with score of at least 9 go to /tmp/almost-certainly-spam
and those between 4 and 9 to list-admins only instead of to the lists.
(They can resend it to list, if they are no spam in fact, but they have
to ask me how to do that.) I hope it will help a lot.
See ev. more at http://www.spamassassin.org .

with best regards,
 Jenik Hollan

PS.
 the new version of mailman is a bit better in filtering administrative
requests which should go to the *-request address, not to the all lists
subscribers, but still not perfect. So please, to subscribe, send just
that single word to e.g. strawbale-request at amper....muni.cz, not to
strawbale, it's that simple! Or use a web browser on
 http://amper.ped.muni.cz