[Strawbale] Re: inquiry

Catherine Wanek thelaststraw at strawhomes...
Mon May 27 11:04:12 CEST 2002

Dear Dorottya & Zoltan,

I hear that there are a number of straw-bale projects already in progress
in Hungary -- perhaps you can learn close to home.  Also, there is a
European network that operates a list-serve, that will connect you to
builders and owner/builders.   <strawbale at amper....muni.cz>

I will also cc them, so they may contact you.

If you are interested in getting The Last Straw Journal, the Austrian Straw
Bale Network (asbn) is currently organizing to distribute it to their area,
and it may be possible to get copies through them.
Contact Herber Gruber  <d.sign at aon...>

best regards,
Catherine Wanek
The Last Straw Journal

At 02:08 PM 5/27/02 +0200, you wrote:

>Dear Last Straw Journal,
>
>We are a young married couple from Hungary, our names are
>Dorottya and Zoltan. Bill Steen from the Canelo Project
>suggested us that we should address our questions to you.
>
>We would like to build a straw-bale house, but we quite
>uncertain how to start. First we thought about
>participating one of the courses of the Canelo Project, but
>together with the travelling expenses it would be too
>expensive for us.
>
>Therefore our request is the following: is it possible for
>us to get a complete list of all those who are involved in
>Europe with straw-bale building?
>
>Another request: we would like to order the Last Straw
>Journal, but we are not sure how to do it from Hungary
>(payment etc.). And if it is possible we would like to get
>the previous issues as well.
>
>we are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
>Best regards, Dorottya and Zoltan

Best regards,
Catherine Wanek, Publisher

The Last Straw Journal
The International Journal of Straw Bale & Natural Building
HC66, Box 119
Hillsboro, NM 88042
(505) 895-5400 /fax (505) 895-3326
<thelaststraw at strawhomes...>