[Strawbale] info on workshop north yorkshire

Barbara Jones strawbale at lineone...
Thu Jul 4 15:58:16 CEST 2002

 Hi Mana - here's a courses leaflet, but the latest info on the Charitable
Trust who we will be working for in North Yorkshire is that it has run into a problem with insurance and we
> think the start date of the project will have to be delayed. At this point
> we cannot say for how long, but hopefully only by a week or so. Barbara is
> contacting everyone who has expressed an interest in volunteering  and As soon as we
> know anything more definite we will contact you again. You may also be
> contacted by John Dunsmore of TocH, who is co-ordinating the
administration for volunteers and you will all be asked to give contact details, next of
kin, dates for volunteering etc.
> Looking forward to working with you >
> Best wishes, and enjoy spain and tell us all about the build and how it goes!
Bee Rowan and Barbara Jones

COURSES AND EVENTS BY AMAZON NAILS FOR 2002

1st -22nd June Work weeks at the Spiral House in Co.Mayo, Ireland. Lime and clay plastering, carpentry, possibly plumbing and electrics. Lots of fun and hard work, basic accommodation and food provided. Contact Amazon Nails Barbara at strawbalefutures....uk Tel 00 44 1706 814696

or ring 00 353 94 65748 after 7pm

21st -30th June Architecture Week. Strawbale events at The Architecture Centre, Bristol and with Littoral Arts at Manchester Airport.

Ist July - end August Building of loadbearing school in North Yorkshire. Volunteers welcome, food and accommodation provided in return for work on the school. Minimum of 5 days commitment required. For more details contact Amazon Nails Barbara at strawbalefutures....uk Tel 00 44 1706 814696

5th/6th July AECB annual conference and AGM near Swansea. Contact info at aecb...

17th/18th August Strawbale workshop at Radford Mill Farm, near Bath.  Two day loadbearing workshop, £80 including organic vegetarian food and camping facilities.  Contact Sarah Layzell on 01761 472549 or farm at radfordmill....uk

3rd September One day Strawbale seminar at Womersley Associates, Heckmondwike, W.Yorks 10am - 4pm £65 inc.lunch. Contact Mark Womersley Tel: 01924 400651 fax: 01924 403489 mwomersley at aol...

13th - 15th September Building Limes Forum Conference and AGM. Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland. Contact admin at buildinglimesforum....uk

25th September One day Strawbale seminar at Womersley Associates, Heckmondwike, W.Yorks 10am - 4pm £65 inc.lunch. Contact Mark Womersley Tel: 01924 400651 fax: 01924 403489 mwomersley at aol...

1st-5th December Second International Strawbale Gathering, near Sydney, Australia. Contact Amazon Nails Barbara at strawbalefutures....uk Tel 00 44 1706 814696

6th - 8th September Strawbale course run by Simon Pratt, Buckinghamshire. Contact 01296 435578 simon-pratt at btclick...

There will be other courses which are yet to be finalised so it's a good idea to keep an eye on the website for new information. Also if you want to be on our contact list for volunteering opportunities, or to hear about courses, send us your contact details, email address if possible.

Amazon Nails: Strawbale building, training, consultancy, empowerment.
                   www.strawbalefutures.org.uk
Building With Straw Bales by Barbara Jones £9.50 post-free from Amazon Nails or from Green Books
    Warning! Strawbale building can seriously transform your life!