[Paja]Earth Plaster Workshop in Spain

rikki nitzkin
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:31:36 +0000

What: Earth Plastering of a 1 1/2 story, loadbearing, owner-built Strawbale
house

Where: Aulás, Lleida; Spain (NE Spain, in the foothills of the Pyrenees,
100km north of Lerida and 80 km S. of France)

When: viernes 22 Oct.-miercoles 27 Oct. 2004

Who: Tom Rijven (FR/NL) y Rikki Nitzkin (owner-builder)
          (see Tom´s work at
www.lamaisonenpaille.com/2004/Galeries/Tom/Tom_Index.htm )

Cost: 150 euros (includes camping, instruction, and all food from dinner
oct.22-dinner oct.27)

Workshop Summary:
We will mostly be working on the "finish" layer of plaster, although we will
also cover the preparation and rough plastering of a SB wall with straw-clay
plaster.  We will also work on sculptural relief and decoration. There will
be demonstrations, instruction and plenty of hands-on experience.  We will
also have some videos, slides and lots of information about Strawbale
Construction available.

# participants: 10 maximum

Contact info.:  Rikki Nitzkin
                     tel.: 0034 657 33 51 62
                     email: rnitzkinAhotmail.com
        see the house:  www.geocities.com/rnitzkin
        see the valley: www.ajuntamentdetremp.com/terreta

notes:
--for those who would like more hands-on experience, we will continue
working on the house through Friday oct.29.  If you would like to stay and
help, I will provide the food and camping free from Weds.27-fri.29--but you
will be expected to help with the cooking and washing up!

--a limited number of work-trade spaces are available for people who cannot
afford the fee--expecially if you can come a few days early to help prepare!

--I cannot personaly any insurance for you during the workshop; If you feel
this is necessary it is possible that Tom Rijven can arrange it.  Contact
him at:00 34 603 974684.

CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE BY OCT.15 AT THE LATEST!

MSN Latino: el sitio MSN para los hispanos en EE.UU. http://latino.msn.com/