[Darksky][magnitude6] regulations for the Czech law (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Fri, 24 May 2002 19:20:02 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:10:20 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan Hollan <jhollanAamper....muni.cz>
To: magnitude6Ayahoogroups...
Subject: [magnitude6] regulations for the Czech law

Dear friends,

I've translated the text of the draft for the implementing regulations
demanded by the Clean Air Act of the Czech Republic regarding light
pollution.

When doing that, I've noticed some imperfections in the Czech draft --
e.g., the certification of the fixture as a non-polluting one is to
be included in the technical specifications rather then on the fixture
itself (I've misinterpreted the Italian text...).

Also, the draft is evidently to be amended by the demand of maximum
luminance of the lit surfaces, when there is no safety standard
demanding more: with the 1 cd/m2 limit of average luminance caused by
artificial lighting, as in the best Italian rules.

The text of the draft is available in the
  http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/law
 directory as order_draft.* -- it is a rather bad English, just verbatim
copying the Czech text. In many cases the meaning should be the same as in
the Italian proposal for the EU, see
  http://www.vialattea.net/cielobuio/europe/bill.htm

The draft is very minimalistic. Perhaps it has to be amended to work in
reality. Any advice is much appreciated.

clean skies,
 Jenik Hollan

PS.
 In Czech, it is available from
  http://svetlo.astro.cz/zakon/
 or in the directory
  http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/zakon_oo/
 as v2_zo_sv.* -- moreover, the reasoning behind each rule is available
as why_fs.* (there is no English version of it yet).

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/Ey.GAA/Kv0qlB/TM