[Cmunipack] Photometry

cmunipack , amper.ped.muni.cz Sat May 12 10:44:40 CEST 2007

Hi David,

thank you for your prompt answer. Because the attachment is too big for the list
server I will send the files to your address.

Best regards
    Jörg!

----- Original Message -----
From: <cmunipack , amper.ped.muni.cz>
To: <cmunipack , amper.ped.muni.cz>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Cmunipack] Photometry

Hi Jorg and Marek,

Jorg, could you sent me please the FITS file of the U Gem field, which
was not processed correctly? Please, send me the file after all
corrections (or at least dark and flat frame too) and also your ini
files if they differ from the ones you sent me last week. Now I have no
proper debug outputs in the photometry so I have to check it in on my PC...

Ad sigmas:
Sigma means standard deviation. In this case it is standard deviation of
the image background. In the photometry routine, before the photometry
is started, the program measures the mean value and noise level of the
sky. So when the threshold is set to 3.0 sigmas, it means that the value
of the pixel which is in the center of the star must be equal to or
greater than mean background level plus three time the noise level.

"Cut off"s are also used for star filtering. The roundness and sharpness
are statistical moments (I can send you exact mathematic formulas, but
they are awful.) High xxx cutoff means, that the value of the parameter
xxx must be equal to or less that the cutoff. Low cutoff is same for
lower limit.

I do apologize, all this stuff should be in the documentation and I hope
it will be some day...

Best wishes,

David