Re: Orbital Calculations

Hello Bruce,

>      I looked at and printed a copy of your calculations and discussion of
> future northern hemisphere insolation, and I like the idea very much.  I
> would like to update our Milankovitch forcing information in this same way
> (I must ask my director who is out of town at the moment).  Perhaps I could
> link to the discussion on your site?  I don't know of other sites with the
> same information, but I will search for some.

I am happy you find the idea interesting. Today morning I tried to find
the right accent for Milankovich's last letter, but I failed. All Serb
texts mentionig him on www are accents-free. I am not sure, if it is \v{c}
or \'c. I guess \'c. I did not met any Milankovich forcing graph going
far into future during that. Saturday I saw some going just over 50 ka
from now.

I have made some minor corrections and a html version as well. All is in
http://amper.ped.muni.cz/gw/articles (just some inputs for latex are
missing). I would be pleased, if you would make a link there (but it's not
peer-reviewed and my guess that methane may be quickly released or stored
is a layman's one...). I may write some more popular texts in English, if
I find something not enough covered elsewhere.

Further discussion however, is and mostly will be in Czech, as English is
still not a matter-of-course for everybody in Czechia...  By the way, I
believe there is some good English mailinglist on climate change science
for public (with a www archive), but I did not try to find any and did not
come across it.

> Our mirror at Medias should be a full mirror except for the searches, which
> only run on the home site.  Sometimes we discover that a few files are
> missing because their file dates were old when first used on the home
> site.  This fools the mirroring program, which only looks for new
> files.   We simply forgot to change the file dates and so left the image
> files out!  Thanks for letting me know about the missing ones!

I guess that all the insolation ftp directory is missing at Medias and
maybe another ftp directories with old data as well. Perhaps the mirroring
programme can be configured to bring all files and skip just those, whose
date is the same. Changing the date of old files at ftp directories would
be a bit confusing for the users.

best regards, Jeník