From: Jan Hollan [mailto:jhollan@amper....muni.cz]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 12:34 PM
To: Attas, Michael
Subject: Re: national light pollution legislation

> Hello Jan,
>
> A colleague mentioned to me on the weekend that she saw an article in the
> Manchester Guardian from April that said the Czech Republic had passed the
> world's first national legislation to control & prevent light pollution.
The
> article mentioned your name, so I checked your web site but didn't find
any
> details of this new law. Can you provide some, or point me to a good
source
> of information?  I am thinking of writing a short article for the Journal
of
> the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada on this news item.

Dear Michael,

I'm sorry I have probably no current link to my darksky page on my home
page -- I'm going to rectify it now. There is a slight mess in the many
things I've put on the net already. The correct URL is
   Linkname: Dark Sky Czech Republic

There is not much LP stuff in the law itself, but the implementing
regulations should say more -- their draft is accessible from the above
URL.

regards,
 Jenik

                                Jan Hollan
              N. Copernicus Observatory and Planetarium in Brno
Kraví hora 2, CZ - 616 00 Brno                        +420 (5) 41 32 12 87

                                   home:
Lipová 19, 602 00 Brno                                         43 23 90 96

                 member of the Society for Sustainable Living
             and volunteer of the Ecological counselling Veronica
Panská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czechia                  fax:  +420 (5) 42 21 05 61

e-mail: hollan@ped....cz             http://astro.sci.muni.cz/pub/hollan