maps for Globe at Night

Connie, sorry for not responding at all so long... I was terribly busy and still I am, even if not so much.

My young colleague Petr Horalek prepared a Czech leaflet with Globe at Night, and I've noticed that it would be rather difficult for people to choose between 7 mag, 6 mag and even 5 mag -- the bitmaps on the website are too tiny. Even with a bright-light photopic vision they don't enable to see the stars clearly. Just those for really bad sky, 1 mag to 4 mag limit, are OK.

However, as four maps fit a page, and to demonstrate the difference as well, I made a pdf starting with 4 mag up to 7 mag (or, alternatively half a magnitude brighter limits). For 49 degrees only.

The 4, 5, 6, 7 maps have two variants, for zenith extinctions of 0.2 mag and 0.3 mag -- just those stars are plotted, which cast really more than 4.03*10^-08 lm.m^-2 onto people's eyes for a map with a 4.500 mag limit.

They are within http://amper.ped.muni.cz/jenik/astro/maps/GaN-Orion/

wishing you nice clear spring evenings,
 jenik