Re: Dark-skies Conference reminder

> http://www.britastro.org/dark-skies/cfds2006

England is too far and expensive for me, unfortunately, but I've been in
Prague, at IAU comission 50 meeting (256 km from Brno, 12 euro for train).
I had a lecture there
 ``Digital Imaging Photometry with Common Cameras
   -- Methods, Results and Perspectives''
 which I won't have in England, but whose base is available as
   http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/lectures/06IAU50t.pdf
 (21 MB, there is also a version _small of just 8 MB, with small jpegs).

Another novelty, I have a very simple PV night and twilight measurement
online, within http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/luminance/PV/ -- It shows
clouds nicely, and even the changes in transparency of the clear sky air.
With low night sensitivity, however, as the clear sky Brno reading is
about 1.0 mV and the least step is 0.1 mV.

With another sensor system (as that in SQM, whose use had been pioneered
and, in a sophisticated device, recently employed by
 Dan McKenna, who had a ``Low-cost, Web-based, Sky-Brightness-Monitoring
System'' lecture on it) this is something what could be recommended to all
observatories, at least.

with best regards,
 jenik h