greenhouse shades

There is a solution for sustainable greenhouses, a win-win one. It's an
electric driven plastic foil with a thin aluminium layer, put inside a
double glazing -- an integrated roller shade. Actually, it's the
theme of my thesis to be written within weeks.

For a producer of a similar system, see ISO-Roll within www.glastec.com
(click on Produkte, and then on any of the two further items). The only
drawback of their solution is, they don't really care about nighttime heat
insulation. The movable inner layer is to be in the middle of the cavity
(the cavity thickness should be over 30 mm, if possible) and laid flat on
the sides, to build a tight cold air trap. And of course, the foil is to
have an emissivity of below 0.1.

All needed info on the technology should be apparent from my contribution
to the first Passive House conference in Czechia (there are both Czech and
English descriptions).
  http://amper.ped.muni.cz/jenik/windows/ph_brno/

When the technology will become common (it's the only solution to achieve
passive house limits, and a comfortable indoor environment, for tilted
roof windows), I hope it will be demanded by law within EU at least for
lit greenhouses (saving lots of fossil carbon emissions in winter too).

cheers,
 jenik