Re:[magnitude6] Lombardy law passed the test of the time

Dear Jan,
I'm very happy that you see our mailing list end our site and thank'you for your congratulations.
I' hope that Falchi, can explain at the magnitude6 mailing list the most important think introduced in this evolution of the Lombardy Law.
For me the most important is that now there is a minimum value of the ratio distance between two luminaires and the height of the luminaire. This minimum value is 3.7
I don't know in your country but in italy the lobby of energy make also the lighting plants and they like, a ratio near or less than 2!

> (This should be a proven, effective and non-controversial base for MLO, of
> course. When most of the world's law is based on that of ancient Rome,
> who shouldn't that on the protection of the night environment be based on
> that of nowadays Lombardy?)
About this questions,
2 villages in Lombardy this year (only that in Italy) take a award from UE GreeenLight and from Italian  environemental Commission because they reduce the energetic cost about 30-35%, they reduce Light pollution (all the publics plants are buildt or modificated to 0.49cd/klm for Gamma>=90°), they reduce the glase, and also they increase 5-10% the light on the street, etc..(where is necessary!).

Now in italy the right fight is in the italian parlement for one good law for all the italian region.... hard work ....  but not impossible!

The actual bill stoped (because the lobby are be able to transform a good bill in a terrible bill) but some contact and meeting with the italian light association started to try to share a good document ...

dark sky
Diego