Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:37:46 +0100 (CET)
From: Jan Hollan <jhollan@amper....muni.cz>
To: magnitude6@yahoogroups...
Cc: ida@amper....muni.cz
Subject: Fix the MLO

The thing I'm very busy now is the IDA's Model Lighting Ordinance, see
http://www.fixthemlo.org.

The ``MLO'' seems to me ever more to be a real danger for the future of
the night protection, undermining many existing achievements, like Hailey
and Ketchum ordinances, Connecticut law, or, indirectly, even the world's
best legislation in Lombardy, Marche and Emilia Romagna. I think it's no
coincidence.

MLO ignores the scientific knowledge which concerns anthropogenic
contribution to the luminance of the sky. I can't find any friendly
explanation for that, considering it's issued by the
International
 DARK SKY
Association...

I seriously recommend the draft of the Ordinance to your attention.

best regards,

Jenik Hollan