Re: Is this a FCO glare bomb?

>    Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:35:26 -0500
>    From: George Nickas <nickas@hanover...>

> Subject: Re: Is this a FCO glare bomb?
> insignificant.  The only reason for the drop lens appears to be so you
> can see the luminaire--not for illumination!  I think there is still a
> strong unwritten motivator in this kind of design that the luminaire has
> to be seen to be 'real'.  All cosmetics.  gn

I think so too.

What about thinking of it as of Cosmetics offered and served to us by crew
of the hell.  It's these superbright, magnificient devil's stars that
prevent us people to notice those old humble ones mentioned sometimes as
God's creature.

The natural stars are visible even at full moon, no city skyglow wipes
them off completely. The much more attractive non-FS lamps do, with almost
absolute success.

It's a pity the IDA's model lighting ordinance seems still to tolerate
the installation of further ground-based superstars (well, not 1000W ones,
just up to 250 W, or even less,  a respectable attempt to negotiate with
the hell...).

jenik